Saturday, January 17, 2015

Setup your own VM for surving the internet.



I've bee having an issue with my computer where a number of viruses has corrupted my VPN client.  In order to resolve this issue, I have resulted in using VMware player, and create a virutal machine I can use for surfing the net.

n order to do that, I will use the instructions in the setting up a minimal virtual machine for surving.  this tells you to use the minimal installer for ubuntu, which will lead you to wasting  lots of time, doing configuraitions.

You can also use the following:

Download the ubuntu mini remix then add additoinal packages using the ubuntu, custimization kit. With this two, you can have a live CD you can use, to browse the internet, but it can be installed in a virtual machine.

My aim, is to have an internet ready with:

  • Firefox.
  • torrent client.
  • newsgroup client /nzb downloader.
The instructions to use ubuntu customization kit is here: rol your own custom live cd.  It also has information how to do the same using suse as the base install.

The third options is to download an web surving appliance.  The VMWARE website has a few.  But these are 3 GB in size.

No comments:

Post a Comment