Monday, December 15, 2014

Installing Tablet as a replacement to car receiver. In Progress....

Introduction.

You can add to your car the following features:

  • Navigation.
  • Stream music from Internet (pandora, spotify, etc).
  • Music MP3 player.
  • Media device.
  • Rear View Camera.
  • GPS Locator to your car.
  • Torque App.  Displays diagnostics, speed, how gas is consume and a lot of nice goodies.

I am going to addres each of the challanges, but the information wil be based on the Nexus 7, 2002.  I will put information on the new nexus as well.

Mounting the device.


This is the most challanging of all the steps, as this requires you to think about it.  The first how you want to use your device and also, how you pas the cabling.

To make a permanent mount you will have to use a 2DIN cable.  But your radio receiver, will have to be located somewhere else.





Metra makes mounti kits for virtually all radio systems.  it happens that the DN2 standard is about the same size as the tablet.

If you have amplifiers one popular way to connect the tablet if by the use of a signal processor, or pre-amp like the Clarion EQ746.  But you will need to find a location for it.

You can use your stereo, but you will also need to find a location for it.  I am not covering this because, I am not mounting permanently my tablet.

Mounting the tablet can be done by using your preffer way of mounting the device.  I will be using for now, velcro tape.

I will be using a magnet, and place my tablet somewhere.

There is a metal called Neodymium, this is a very strong magnet.  You can buy these on Ebay. 

This project is an example of a very good solution:

Mountkek.com
This Open source as well.

I probably wil  do my own by buying magnets.

You can use a CD mount:




You can use a seat rail mount.




this one is a Akron Seat Bolt, sells in Walmart for a little over $30.  Amazon has many other options.

I will go with one like this:




Installling Timur:Not an option...

Root tablet.
Download flashify.
copy the zip of the image to root of sdcard.
You can use also ROMManager.


 Kangaroo and slimkat
.

No comments:

Post a Comment